Edward J. Bruton Jr.
Edward J. Bruton, Jr. is counsel in the Real Estate/Transactional Practice Group and concentrates his practice in commercial lending, commercial and residential acquisitions and sales, and business transactions. Mr. Bruton has been involved in a number of notable real estate transactions, including:
- Represented purchaser in $36 million acquisition of residential apartment building.
- Represented lender in $16 million portfolio loan covering residential properties.
- Represented borrower in $92 million securitized loan refinance of residential apartment building.
- Represented purchaser in $69 million acquisition of ownership interest in an entity owning a ground lessee's interest in a commercial office park property.
- Represented seller in $70 million sale of residential apartment building.
- Represented management company in $225 million portfolio refinance loan of 34 properties that included reorganization of the entity structure for several of the borrowing entities.
- Represented seller in $2.9 billion sale of residential apartment building portfolio.
Mr. Bruton co-authored "Property and the Law: Protecting Purchasers from a Seller's Tax Liability," published in June 2008 on GlobeSt.com.
Mr. Bruton is admitted to practice in New Jersey and New York. He received his J.D. from Rutgers University School of Law-Newark in 1997 and his B.A., with honors, from the State University of New York at Albany in 1994.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Lending
- Residential Acquisitions and Sales
- Business Transactions
- New Jersey
- New York
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law - Newark, Newark, New Jersey
- J.D. - 1997
- State University of New York, Albany, New York
- B.A. - 1994
- Honors: With Honors
- Property and the Law: Protecting Purchasers from a Seller's Tax Liability, GlobeSt.com., June, 2008